Concepts

Wednesday 5 August 2015

3D Model Building - Prop

We began building the prop for our animation. Fortunately, mine didn't take too long! I had it built in one lesson thanks to the present polygons in Maya.

The only changes I had to make were to the edges on the two extreme edges of the cylinder. The edges were not behaving how I wanted them to when I smoothed out the object.

LOOK AT THOSE EDGES NOT WHAT I WANT

Looking at the mesh you can see there isn't enough information for there to be
a flat edge - like a pipe.

After enlisting the help of Keat (thanks Keat!) I solved the problem. Adding edge loops to the exterior and interior of the polygon pipe.


The edge is evident here, but this is prior to smoothing.
By adding an edge loop, as seen above, the mesh has more information to be
read.

These edge loops provide more information, which is imperative in the smoothing process. And as a result, these loops create the shape I am after. And thus:


Ta-da! One nice pipe. Here is some extra stuff I did too practice my skills.



Variation of the pipe.

And now it's from Mario Bros.



Below is Jo's handy work.

Captain America  dies in Civil War.




Dearly beloved,

We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of a great iconic symbol of freedom, justice, and truth. Steven Grant Rogers is well known to all as Captain America, but to his closest friends, he is a kind man; a well-loved man, a man who stands up to always doing what is right for the sake of a better world, and for the dream of a better tomorrow. He's strove all his life to be the best man he can possibly be, and he has never failed in this regard. He is survived by his best friend, James Buchanan Barnes, and also the legacy of the Avengers. His fellow comrades, Natalia Alianovna Romanova, Robert Bruce Banner, Anthony Edward Stark, Sam Wilson, Clint Barton, Thor Odinson will remember him always and forever.

He will join his family, comrades and loved ones in Heaven, and he will be missed.


A moment of silence to celebrate the life of Steven Grant Rogers, if you please.

...































BUCKY! STOP WRITING A EULOGY! I'M 98 YEARS OLD, NOT DEAD!

1 comment:

  1. I approve of this!!

    I also appreciate the metamorphosis of the pipe changing into a well-loved (or well-hated) carnivorous plant in Mario. Kudos to you, comrade!

    ReplyDelete