Concepts

Sunday 30 August 2015

Character Modelling

Starting character modelling was not as daunting as I was expecting. Fortunately my design worked how I intended it to. The simplicity of the character I tried to implement shape language such as circles and rectangles, slightly edited. Because of this, the building was manageable for my skill set, and was less terrifying to approach.

I stuck to using cubes to build most of my model. First came a circle, as when I though about how the robot would practically be built realistically.

The base of the head.

The exterior.

Look at that body.

Button nose.



__________

 UPDATE 29-08-15
__________

I opened up Maya at home to work on my character, but the file wasn't opening. In a nutshell, a window popped up saying that the file was corrupted.

Ich ätgere mich darüber...

ich habe kein auge zugemacht. ich bin mude, SEHR MUDE. I DON't need this. arsuvghfgrYzju

After a weekend of trying to recover my corrupted maya file, I gave up, and decided it was more economical if I just restarted from an earlier save point. It's frustrating, but things happen. It's taught me to save more often in the very least.

I am starting back from this save point:


wusruwrstwuWRSTUWURST


The state of my history from the point I am restarting from (with a few additions as I started working before I took the screenshot).

LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I HAVE TO NAME.

1 comment: