Concepts

Sunday 16 August 2015

Sculpting

We got the opportunity to sculpt our characters in clay, the main purpose to understand the topology for our character. Knowing the way to approach it was difficult, mainly in how I would go about constructing the face.
I'm debating whether to create a sphere and tweak it to make the fur points and ears, or use multiple shapes. Especially since the robot is meant to be a base with a shell covering the internal structure.

I built the main parts, such as the head and the body and tail. It was good to see how I would approach each component. It will be interesting to see how I manage to translate the model I made in clay to Maya. Especially in regard to what implications in the design that I may face.

In theory, I feel that I will be able to build and modify certain parts with ease, such as the tail. However, when it comes to projecting this into the programme I may find I will be testing my knowledge, which will hopefully provide a learning curb.

I will update with the image of my sculpture (which sits by my computer) when i figure out how to get them off my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment